Thursday, September 4, 2008

18w Pregnancy update

I saw my OB for my monthly checkup yesterday. It's hard to believe I'm almost half way through this pregnancy already! I can't say it's gone fast or slow, but it hasn't been fun. I think I got a karma-spanking this time around because I complained my entire pregnancy with Payton and really - I had no problems or complications. With #2 I've had some morning sickness, sciatic problems, headaches and just general yuckiness. Apparently I need to learn to appreciate the good days a little more!

The appointment went well though, everything is right on track. The peanut's heartbeat was racing at 159bpm and I'm measuring on schedule. My spina bifida test came back negative, as did the other screenings I've had recently. I've gained a total of 3 pounds which kind of shocked me because since my morning sickness subsided, I've been eating like a pig! But I'll take it.

The most exciting part is that my Big ultrasound is now scheduled for Friday, September 19th! EEEEK! How I'm going to contain my excitement is beyond me. I even start to think about it and my heart starts racing. Two weeks and one day to go! And fortunately, I schedules the ultrasound for 9am, so I wouldn't have to wait around all day drumming my fingers and tapping my toes. I CAN'T WAIT!

2 comments:

IdahoGirl said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!! I can't wait either!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything is looking good! YAY for big ultrasounds!