Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our little secret

We've known about this pregnancy for 6 days now. We decided it is best for us to be fairly tight-lipped about this little secret until our first OB appointment next month. Just in case - god forbid - anything were to happen and the peanut is not growing or healthy. While I have not had the experience of "untelling" people this kind of news, I can't imagine it would be fun.

I still can't believe it. Payton is going to be a Big Sister! Hopefully at 18 months old, she'll appreciate a little brother or sister as much as we want her to. No doubt there will be jealousy issues but I think, as a team, Andy and I can make sure Miss P receives the attention she deserves.



This baby is supposed to debut at the beginning of February. According to certain due date calculators, February 2nd. We will see. And Aquarius baby would be ok, I suppose. :)

My pregnancy with Payton was pretty much a breeze and I pray that this one will be as well. I am definitely happy that I get to be "big" during the winter months to cover my expanding waistline, rather having to endure the heat of the summer. Not that we're ever going to have summer in Washington this year. It's June and it's snowing in the mountains! Whatever. Global warming, my ass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

EEEEKKK I get to leave the first comment!! I am so happy for you, A, and P!! I can't wait to meet this loved bundle of joy!!! The baby is one lucky person, to have such great parents!