Monday, June 16, 2008

My poor Payton

My poor little Payton is sick. I feel so bad for her, her nose won't stop running, her eyes are watering and goopy and you can tell she's just not herself. I wish I could give her baby sudafed or something, just so her little nose can dry up. It is obvious she is frustrated that we wipe her face every 10 minutes with a tissue but my goodness talk about Snot City!

I was hesitant to take her to daycare this morning because I didn't want her spreading germs but the daycare lady said she should be fine. If she were contageous - it would have already happened last week. So off she went. Andy was at jury duty, so he couldn't stay home and I had to go to the office today as the Big Boss is here from New York this week.

So around 9:30am, Terri (the daycare lady) called me and suggested that I call P's pediatrician. Oh god... apparently, Terri thinks she might have Pink Eye. Ugh. Pink eye? Really? I don't think so. But ok... so the Ped's office said that she probably doesn't have pink eye, but more of a sinus infection and maybe a clogged tear duct. *sigh* GREAT, that sounds so much better than pink eye. Right.

My poor Payton.

Follow up: It turns out she has a double ear infection! Boy I didn't see that coming. I'm sure glad I decided to have Andy take her into the doctors. She's now on antibiotics (for the next 10 days) and is already seeming more like herself. My poor baby.

No comments: