Friday, October 10, 2008

Mama's got a new ride!

I *love* my new car. Well it's a 2004 brand-spanking used car, but it's new to me. After we found out that I was pregnant, Andy implanted the seed in my brain that I would want a bigger vehicle than my Dodge Charger once we have two babies to cart around. And while I love my Charger, I knew he was right. Getting Payton in and out of the back seat was a pain because the car is so low-profile, we had to be careful and not hit her head on the roof. Ouch!

So we went test driving one weekend a few months ago and I fell in love with the Toyota Sequoia. I had to have one, it was a must. We tried to negotiate a deal through the dealership but to our disappointment they weren't going to give me enough money for my car as a trade-in.

Then I called Charlie. Charlie is our broker who we've used in the past to sell our cars and buy us others. He sold my Nissan 240sx a while back and got Andy a screaming deal on his truck. Charlie would take care of me.

Fast forward a couple months and Charlie found me this beauty in Portland (and also sold my car for almost $5k more than the dealership offered us). Having never purchased a vehicle (or pretty much anything) without at least seeing a picture of it, I was a tad bit skeptical. But Charlie assured me that if he went to pick it up and the truck wasn't 100% perfect, he'd scrap the deal and continue looking for another Sequoia.

So yesterday he called and it was ready. I was so stinking exciting, I almost cried when I stepped out of my office and saw her sitting in the parking lot waiting for me!





It has third row seating baby! I'm officially a soccer mom now. lol Who woulda thunk?

1 comment:

Wannabe Parents said...

OMG She is gorgeous!! I can't wait for you to take me for a ride...in her of course!! Sheesh get your mind out of the gutter!