Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Double digits!

I can't believe I'm already in the double digits of days left until the Little Man arrives! The second trimester has just FLOWN by this pregnancy. I'm hoping the next few months go just as fast. They should with the holidays approaching.

Oh, we bought a dresser this week. Can I tell you all how much I love Craigslist? This lil gem is in excellent condition. It's made of real wood and has hardly any scratches! Andy volunteered to refinish and paint it so I have no doubt it will be perfect soon. Now the question is: what color? Red? Blue? And what color should we paint his nursery? (I'm assuming we won't sell the house, so I'm just planning on using our 3rd bedroom for the time being.) We have hardwood floors, and the crib will be wood-colored as well. I think the dresser needs a pop of color to offset all that wood.



Here are a few ideas for the walls using the same color scheme I'm going for. Which do you like?

1) Light blue walls with red accents. Imagine a wooden crib and red or navy dresser:


2) Light blue walls with a chair rail. Imagine the lower walls being a navy blue...


3) Tan/neutral walls.


4) Two solid light blue walls and two solid dark blue walls. (Andy's idea. Can't find a picture.)

Thoughts?

6 comments:

Angie said...

Ugh, this glucose test sounds awful! Not looking forward to it! I hope you pass the 1-hr this time around!

Wannabe Parents said...

I like the blue walls over the tan walls but that is my personal preference. I love the red accents too BTW!!! It will gorgeous no doubt!!!

Ashley said...

Ooooh I love #1. The light blue with the red accents! Cute!

Keren said...

I love #1 too! :) What a great theme!!

PurposelyVague said...

i vote either 1 or 2!

Caldwell said...

I love #1 also, but I might be biased since that is similar to Mason's room. I think it would look great with the bedding you posted.