Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Houston, we have a heart beat!

I had my first appointment with my new OB this week. I'm so glad I decided to change practices and OBs. Dr. Keys has a great bedside manner that my last OB really lacked. I felt like a number walking in there during my last pregnancy, where as in this practice, half the staff was congratulating me and calling me by name as I walked out. Giving birth is such an intimate (although hardly romantic, haha) experience, it's important to me to have nurses and a doctor that understands that. I wish I would have switched sooner.



There's our peanut! It was so amazing seeing the little heart beat flicker on the screen, I cried. According to measurements, Dr. Keys put me at 7w5d - 10 days behind what we initially thought was my due date. So now I'm due February 12th. The baby's heartrate was at 160bpm.... pretty high but Payton's first ultrasound was 172bpm. Could this mean BOY??? :)

I've been feeling ok for the most part. Tired as usual and just a bit nauseated in the afternoons and evenings. Mornings are by far the best time of day for me. I need to remember this so I can get my butt out of bed and get things done because come 4pm, I'm about ready to call it a day. I've had strong cravings for citrus flavors, specifically lemon - I can't get enough 7up and manderine oranges. Weird. Meat, however, makes me want to run quickly to the bathroom and heave. I had to force myself to finish a turkey burger last night for dinner that Andy so graciously cooked up, so I couldn't exactly turn it down. Besides, BBQ burgers are my FAVORITE meal! What is up with that!?

My next appointment is for a Quad screen/NT scan on Monday, August 4th. I can't wait - another ultrasound! In 3D even! EEEK! It's an early test for Downs Syndrome, which I doubt this baby will have, but it's best to be prepared, right?

3 comments:

PurposelyVague said...

Eeek! I'm so excited! I am totally getting a boy vibe. ;o)

Unknown said...

Eeeeekkkk so excited to meet the little one....damn can it be February now?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait!!! I'm feeling boy, for some reason, so it'll be interesting to see if the hb is a tell-tale sign!