Sunday, March 29, 2009

Returning to work

Sigh. I'm going back to work this Tuesday. Only part-time, but still. A few weeks ago, my cell phone exploded with messages and calls telling me that my company layed-off something like 100 people. Needless to say, I'm thankful I was on maternity leave and covered by FMLA.

There are no longer any web people employed in Bothell, except for myself, so the website has been at a standstill and things are starting to get a little messy. I volunteered to go in a few days a week to help out until I return full-time in the middle of April. They seem to be pretty happy with this, I'm hoping it'll help me keep my job!

Payton will continue to go to daycare Tuesday through Friday and I'll go into the office on the days Andy is home, so he can watch Ryan. Eventually, Ryan will also go to daycare a few days a week too but we're holding off on that until the last minute possible... to save money. Daycare is SO expensive!

Anyway. I guess it'll be better to start back slow and ease into things, right? I was really hoping to enjoy all 12 weeks off, especially since we had an extended stay in the hospital and Andy was gone for almost a month. Oh well. "At least I have a job. At least I have a job."

Wish me luck, I'm going to have my work cut out for me.

1 comment:

Wannabe Parents said...

HUGS!! I know it is not ideal but like you said it is a job. I am so sorry that you have to go back early. This economy blows!